Monday, November 10, 2008

Going to Mass Alone

Q: My parents are really cool people and all, but I wish that we could start going to church. I feel like I need God in my life more. I’m trying to read the Bible more often and to get in touch with God. My mom claims that she gets bored sitting in Mass, but I really want to start going. Do you have any suggestions?

A: If your parents absolutely refuse to take you to church, try to find a ride with a friend or other family member. As a second option, use your church directory to find someone who might be willing to take you. As a last resort, take a bike ride or walk to the closest church or bus stop. However, if all fails, make a spiritual communion, by saying a prayer to God, telling Him how much you wanted to receive Jesus in Communion. He will understand your predicament and be happy that you are so dedicated to Him and His Church.

Jenna