Monday, February 16, 2009

Did God Make Me

Q: I’ve been brought up to believe in God. Now that I’m getting older, I’m starting to think more about it. I don’t think we evolved from monkeys, but I also don’t think that God made us. What can I do to sort this all out?

A: First of all, it is natural that as you get older you will start to question the things you believe in. This happens because we (young adults) want to make decisions on our own, and not just believe something because our parents told us to believe it. As you go through this time, keep an open mind and an open heart. Be careful not to begin to question your faith, and then give up on it simply because that’s easier, or that’s what everyone else is doing. At some point, God will reveal Himself to you, so follow what is truly in your heart.

Tom