Monday, January 12, 2009

All I See is Pain and Suffering

Q: I have diabetes, which makes my life hard. My mom says that good can come from my disease, but I only see pain and suffering. If God is all-powerful, why doesn’t He just wipe out suffering?

A: Good can come from disease, and it comes from pain and suffering. That may be hard to believe, but look at what a strong connection there is to Christ. Suffering is a way to become closer to Christ, by understanding His suffering on the cross and His death more, through your personal suffering. It is very important for you to remember to unite your suffering with that of Christ. Bare it for love of Him, become strong from baring pain. In the beginning there was no suffering, God did not create it, man chose it by disobeying God. That is why He can’t wipe out suffering. It is not because He wants us to suffer and die, He is all powerful, but He gave us free will.

Amanda