Friday, January 30, 2009

Religious Ed Teacher is Wrong

Q: I am curious about what I should do when a CCD teacher or someone who is supposed to be teaching the Faith says something that I just know the Catholic Church doesn’t teach. I don’t want to be offensive or anything but is there something that I can do when this happens?

A: If you know for sure that what that person is teaching isn’t true, then you have every right to approach him or her about it. Out of respect though, you shouldn’t bring it up in the classroom. Maybe wait until class is over, and then tell the teacher your concerns. Don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe to be the truth.

A lot of times people do not know what the Church teaches. In other words, they are not trying to teach against the Catholic Church, they just don’t know better.

Ashley