Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ditching a Bad Reputation

Q: I’m 16 and I’m a junior in high school. During my freshman and sophomore years, I dated a lot of different guys. After a while, I started getting a bad reputation. Over the summer, I decided that I’ve had enough of that and decided not to date at all.

The problem is, I still have this reputation at school. No matter what I tell people, they won’t believe me. It’s so bad at school, I’ll be walking down the hall and guys will make really rude remarks and the girls all hate me. I’m tired of this, how am I supposed to make them believe me?

A: Stick with your new behavior and attitudes. Go out of your way to show that you've changed, but don’t act hypocritical about it. You can’t force people to think differently of you, but with time, hopefully this will happen. Act with purity of heart and charity. If others don’t notice your goodness, don’t lose hope. Your Father in heaven sees all that you do and forgives you. His approval is worth more than anything. Be patient, and the right person for you will come along.

Jenna