Monday, December 29, 2008

Church is Boring

Q: Church is too boring, but I have to go according to my parents. So is there anything I can do to make it more interesting?

A: Don’t worry, that’s not an unusual feeling for us as teens. A way that I try to make it more interesting is by going to Mass every week, and trying to learn more about my faith. I also attend Bible studies and a charismatic youth group that helps me to grow on a spiritual level and deepens my faith (it’s also more appealing to me at my age). It has been my experience, hearing from my parents that most teens go through a time of wondering, “Why am I here? What am I getting out of this?” but as you continue to deepen your faith and grow as a Catholic, the Mass begins to have more meaning to you personally. Just don’t give up on it, look into books about the faith, or Catholic Bible studies in your area that could help you understand more and aid you in growing spiritually.

Ashley