Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Want to Be Friends with Everyone

Q: I try so hard to be nice to everyone and they all throw it back at me and it makes me sad because I just want to be friends with everyone. What do I do?

A: “If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.” This is a quote from Blessed Teresa of Calcutta. I think there is a lot of wisdom in what she has to say here and I would take her advice. The things that happen throughout your life are between you and God. It isn’t between you and other people. In the end it will matter that you were nice.

It is sad when others don’t treat us nicely. When hurts take it to Jesus. He has been down the same road and He will understand your sadness. He can also be your strength when the going gets tough. Look to Him for everything you need.

Amanda